The PGSB program, which aims to develop joint research and education programs, is coordinated and implemented by the Palestine Academy for Science and Technology (PALAST) and Juelich Research Center (FZJ), and funded by the German Federal Ministry of Science and Scientific Research BMBF.
PGSB has launched its 5th call for student thesis projects and faculty exchanges for cooperation projects.
This year, PGSB will also launch an additional call for proposals for research clusters. The purpose of this call is to look toward the future of the cooperation, identifying important topics and creating sustainable cooperation teams on a multilateral level.
- Thesis project requests Call for BSc, MSc and PhD scholarships
- Financial support Call for faculty exchange
- Research cluster call
Below are the 5th call documents for both thesis project requests and financial support for staff exchange and research cluster:
- For thesis project requests, as usual, focuses on possibilities within the current PGSB Project: information is available on FZJ’s webpage . For Student applicants, identify thesis project offers, by FZJ scientists from the following link that will be updated.
- Students applicants can submit their application and upload all required documents by google form: Click here to apply
- For faculty exchange, as usual, focuses on possibilities within the current PGSB Project: financial support continues as described through FZJ’s webpage . Ongoing projects may be found at the following link , as some of these collaborative projects are also open for additional partners to join.
- For research cluster: financial support as described through FZJ’s webpage . Ongoing projects may be found at the following link : as some of these collaborative projects are also open for additional partners to join.
- Research cluster call is open to ideas from all areas of research fitting into the scope of the PGSB. All current participants in the Palestinian-German Science Bridge, as well as scientists interested in future research collaborations, are invited to submit a proposal.
Important dates and information:
- Deadline for submission of BSc, MSc and PhD thesis projects is restricted to the date of 15 February 2020, as the planned 5th PGSB Cooperation Workshop will take place in Germany, and the Academy need enough time for all logistics arrangements and preparations.
- Pre-selection of candidates by Juelich scientists will be notified to PALAST by 10 March 2020.
- Final selection is planned in the 5th cooperation workshop in Juelich, Germany scheduled for 15 to 19 June 2020.
- PhD scholarships are subject to the high preference, and will be given to a high quality application already endorsed by Palestinian-German roadmap partners.
- Financial support staff exchange can be submitted continuously and will be evaluated at regular cut-off dates.
- Deadline for submission of research cluster is 29 February 2020.
- Detailed information about application guidelines are available in the call documents.