- Nour Abed Al-Majeed Maraytta
Nour Abed Al-Majeed Maraytta
Nour Abed Al-Majeed Maraytta
Department: Physics department
Faculty: Faculty of Science and Technology.
Specialization: General Physics
Accurate Specialization: Condensed matter physics
Palestinian supervisor: Prof. Salman Salman.
Palestinian Supervisor affiliation: Physics Department, Faculty of Science and Technology Al-Quds University, Palestine.
Degree aims: PhD.
FZJ Supervisor: Dr. Karen Friese.
Center in Juelich: Jülich Centre for Neutron Science JCNS and Peter Grünberg Institut PGI Quantum Materials and Collective Phenomena JCNS-2 / PGI-4.
Affiliated University in Germany: RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany.
Department: Department of Physics.
Faculty: Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences.
The mission research period : from September 2017- to December 2020.
Title of Research: Structure and Dynamics of Magnetocaloric Materials.
Research Purpose: The search for more efficient use of energy has been leading to a growing interest of the magnetocaloric cooling, which is a novel, energy-efficient and environmentally friendly technique for cooling that has the potential to replace the current conventional vapor compression technologies. For this purpose, the structure and dynamics of different magnetocaloric materials, such as Mn5-xFexSi3 and Mn5Ge3 compounds, are investigated by using neutron and X-ray scattering, pulsed and static magnetic field in order to determine whether they can be used in magnetocaloric refrigeration.
Main outputs/results: Different magnetocaloric compounds were investigated and part of the results were puplished in https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2019.07.113 and https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0020780
- Structure Analysis of Complex Mineral and Material Phases course, RWTH Aachen University (2020), Aachen, Germany.
- Condense Matter Physics I and II courses, RWTH- Aachen University (2018-2019).
- Scientific writing Course, Forshungszentrum Jülich GmbH (2019), Jülich, Germany.
- The 50th IFF Spring School, Scattering! Soft, Functional and Quantum Materials, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH (2019), Jülich, Germany.
- 22nd JCNS Neutron Laboratory Course: Neutron Scattering, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH/MLZ Garching (2018), Jülich-Garching/Germany.
- 21st JCNS Neutron Laboratory Course: Neutron Scattering, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH/MLZ Garching (2017), Jülich-Garching/Germany.
- ICTP Experimental Particle Physics Master class, Physics without Frontiers, Al-Quds University (2015), Jerusalem, Palestine.
- 45th IFF Spring School, Computing Solids: Models, Ab-initio Methods and Supercomputing, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH (2014), Jülich, Germany.
- Peter Grünberg Institut (PGI)-Day, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Jülich/Germany, December 2019 (participant and poster).
- 5th Delft days on Magnetocalorics (DDMC 2019), Delft/ Netherlands, November 2019 (participant and talk).
- Jana 2006 Workshop, Prague/Czech Republic, November 2019 (participant).
- The Joint European Magnetic Symposia (JEMS), Uppsala/Swedan, August 2019 (participant and poster).
- 1st, 2nd, 3 rd and 4th Palestinian-German science bridge (PGSB) workshop, Palestine and Germany, 2017, 2018 and 2019 (participant, poster and talk).
- German Conference for Research with Synchrotron Radiation, Neutrons and Ion Beams at Large Facilities 2018 (SNI2018), Garching/Germany, September 2018 (participant and poster).
- DPG Spring Meetings, Berlin/Germany, February 2018 (participant and poster).
- N. Maraytta, Y. Skourski, J. Voigt, K. Friese, M. G. Herrmann, J. Perßon, J. Wosnitza, S. M. Salman and T. Brückel, Direct measurements of the magneto-caloric effect of MnFe4Si3 in pulsed magnetic fields, J. Alloys Compds. 805, 1161(2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2019.07.113
- N. Maraytta, J. Voigt, C. Salazar Mejia, K. Friese , Y. Skourski, J. Perßon, S.M. Salman and Th. Brückel, Anisotropy of the magnetocaloric effect: Example of Mn5Ge3, J. Appl. Phy. 128, 103903 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0020780
- Y. Cheng, J. Brenk, B. Friedrich, J. Perßon, N. Maraytta, J. S. K.-L. Gibson, S. Korte-Kerzel, G. Roth, Y. Su, F. Zhu, C. Paulmann and A. Grzechnik, Ni–Cr–Al Alloy for neutron scattering at high pressures, J. Matter. Sci. Tech. 36, 949(2019). https://doi.org/10.1080/02670836.2019.1578077