Launch of the 3rd Palestine-Quebec Science Bridge (PQSB) Call
The PQSB program, which aims at fostering scientific collaborations by promoting the international mobility of Palestinian and Quebecer researchers, is coordinated and implemented by the Palestine Academy for Science and Technology (PALAST) and the Fonds de Recherche Du Quebec – Nature Et Technologies (FRQNT), Santé (FRQS), and Société Et Culture (FRQSC).
PQSB has launched its third call, during the visit of the high-level delegation to the province of Quebec 08-11 October 2019, for short-term (2 to 4 month) research grant proposals in:
- Health sciences
- Natural sciences and engineering
- Social sciences, humanities, and arts
- Identify a common research interest or topic with a researcher in Quebec or select a matching research project from the following list: Research Areas that will be updated.
- Contact the host researcher, inquire about potential collaboration, and should a final agreement be reached, request an invitation letter
- Fill out the application form and submit the invitation letter, CV and other documents: Click here to apply.
- For former Palestinian researchers who got grants in the previous two calls, they can apply for the third call, especially after the praise and appreciation from the Quebec researchers, to ensure the networking and sustainability of the cooperation between them, and submit additionally supporting letter from the Quebecer researcher and your Palestinian Institution, emphasize that they are benefited from your research visit.
- Submission deadline: December 20, 2019
- For more information, please send email to email@example.com or call 0599671638
- Applications evaluation, selection and interviews will take place during January 2020
Selection criteria for PQSB Collaboration Projects
- The quality of the proposed research project and clarity of the objective & action plan
- The research profile of the Palestinian applicant (Active researcher or young researchers)
- The potential sustainability of the research project and the collaboration between the partners
- Compatibility of the proposed research topic(s) with the objectives of the PQSB program with regards to:
- The impact, applicability and relevance of the proposed research project to the needs of the Palestinian society
- The proposed project’s potential for subsequent knowledge transfer to Palestine
The FRQNT, the FRQS and the FRQSC will cover the Palestinian researchers’ monthly allowance as per local standards (a maximum of CAD $2,500 per month) and round-trip travel (up to CAD $2,000).